Prints and Photography
August 08 - 13, 2020
Collecting prints and multiples offers access to the work of the world’s greatest artists. Pablo Picasso, Joan Miró, Paul Cezanne, Marc Chagall, James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Eadweard Muybridge, James Rosenquist, Antoni Tàpies, Barbara Hepworth, Richard Hamilton and William Scott are some of the boldface names represented in this exciting summer online auction.
Featuring prints and photography from the Old Masters period to the 21st century, this auction showcases the evolution of the multiple, juxtaposing Martin Schongauer’s centuries-old biblical scenes of the Passion alongside a plate of eggs and a frying pan by William Scott. Fans of Salvador Dali will be pleased to note several examples by the master. Those interested in Canadian art should look for prints by Alexander Colville, Carol Marino, Nigel Scott, Peter MacCallum, Robert Tombs and General Idea.
For more information please contact us.
BUYER TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Each lot sold is subject to a buyer’s premium of 20% of the successful bid price as part of the purchase price.
- Unless exempted by law, the buyer is required to pay Ontario Retail Sales Tax and Federal Goods and Services Tax on the total purchase price including the buyer`s premium.
- Taxes are exempt for any items directly shipped from our premises out of Canada.
- The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot from sale at any time, to divide any lot or to combine any two or more lots at his sole discretion, all without notice.
- All Prices in Canadian Funds
- Please see our complete BUYER TERMS & CONDITIONS
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR OUR INTERNATIONAL CLIENTS
Restrictions exist regarding the import and export of species protected under CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species).This includes but is not limited to items made of or containing bone (whalebone etc.), ivory, tortoise shell, seal skin, rhinoceros horn and any other animal part and is strictly controlled or forbidden by most countries. Please review your country’s laws before bidding on pieces made of or containing these restricted items. It is the sole responsibility of the buyer to inquire about and obtain the proper permits for artwork purchased that may contain restricted materials, if such permit can be obtained. Please contact the department for further assistance. For more information please visit WWW.CITES.ORG
How It Works
Waddington's offers the most diverse range of auctions, including works by renowned artists, in diverse genres, items from important estates, and from cultures around the world. Sign up for our e-newsletters to find out about upcoming auctions and events. Register to bid in our auctions and discover what you have a passion to collect.How to Buy
Waddington’s is Canada’s most complete provider of auction, appraisal and collection management services. We offer a wide range of services to assist you with selling, buying, appraising and managing your valuables.Learn More